Applying for a Training Contract
We look for strong all round, commercially minded individuals. Success at IBB means having the skills to apply knowledge creatively for our clients. We recruit on the basis of potential. In our experience key indicators are:
- a good academic background (2:1 and 300 UCAS points at A-level)
- clear written and oral communication
- ability to assimilate and analyse information
- experience of working with others to achieve a task
- commercial awareness
- willingness to accept feedback and learn from your experiences
The Application Process
The selection process is rigorous and competitive but fair and provides a good opportunity for both the candidate and IBB to find out more about one another. IBB receives a hundred applications for four training contracts each year. We recruit two years in advance.
It is a rigorous procedure, but those who get through it know us well enough to know if we are the right firm for them.
2019 and 2020 Trainee Opportunities
Trainee Solicitor applications are now being accepted by the firm. All applications need to be submitted by 31 July 2017. Our Assessment Day will take place in September 2017.