If you are considering a career in law, work experience is vital in ensuring you have the relevant skills and experience to obtain that all important training contract.
IBB offers two week work placements which take place between June and August each year. Our primary aim is to put theory into practice to enable you to experience life as a lawyer at IBB.
You will receive a structured induction allowing you to integrate into the firm’s culture, understand our values and improve your working skills. Our eminent lawyers will guide and help you get the most out of your work placement, in a challenging and busy environment.
What does IBB look for?
We look for strong all round, commercially minded individuals. Success here means having the skills to apply knowledge creatively for our clients. We offer work placements on the basis of potential. In our experience key indicators are:
- a good academic background to indicate conceptual ability (2:1 and 300 UCAS points at A-level)
- clear written and oral communication which is pitched at the appropriate levels
- ability to assimilate information, analyse it, translate that understanding and follow a third party’s instructions
- experience of working with others to achieve a task
- willingness to accept feedback and learn from your experiences
How to apply
We accept applications for work placements between 1 January and 31 January. Applications received outside of these dates will not be considered.
To apply for a work placement, please click on the link below and complete our online application form:
If you are successful at application stage, we will arrange a telephone interview with you at a mutually convenient time before placements are confirmed.
We will endeavour to offer you a placement in a practice area of interest to you but this is dependant on availability.
Should you require any information about the firm, please visit our ‘About Us’ section.