Desmond Wright team joins IBB Solicitors
24th January 2011
IBB Solicitors is very pleased to announce the recruitment of the four member team of Hayes based Desmond Wright & Co, to join the Community Legal Services Group.
Mark Butler, sole principal of Desmond Wright, is a dual qualified Barrister and Higher Court Advocate and is keen to develop his crime advocacy practice. Mark joins IBB as a Consultant. Joining with Mark is Deborah Rodaway (solicitor) who has a well established crime following of her own, Rebecca Ireland (paralegal) and Tessa Phillips (secretary).
IBB Managing Partner, Steven Booth says:
"This is a great opportunity for Mark, his team and for IBB. Mark and Deborah are well respected local practitioners and will be able to grow and extend their practices under IBB's banner. This will not only meet their objectives but also help us remain the area's largest and most successful crime practice. Additionally we now have the nucleus around which we can build an in-house crown court advocacy capability to meet the challenges presented by changes in the way publicly funded legal services are provided."
Mark Butler says:
“I am extremely pleased and excited to be joining IBB, a firm whom I have long respected. IBB are at the forefront of criminal defence services and I very much look forward to helping them develop a strong, competent and successful criminal advocacy team in order to be able to provide a ‘one stop’ defence service to their clients. In these challenging and difficult times, the firm’s ability to represent lay clients from initial arrest right through to trial and beyond will ensure its continued success. Deborah, Rebecca and Tessa bring with them years of relevant experience and I have no doubt at all that this is just the beginning of a very successful venture.”
For more information, contact Peter Skinner, Senior Business Development Manager on 01895 207296 or email@example.com.
Notes for editors
- IBB’s Community Legal Services (CLS) Group is widely recognised as one of the South East’s leading criminal practices with Chambers ranking many teams and individuals in the Group.
- Chambers UK 2011 says “This firm has one of the largest criminal practices in the South East. The firm's work often has an international dimension; it recently represented two company directors in the largest ever investigation into the unlicensed movement of military goods between Eastern Europe and various other foreign countries.”
- IBB has 29 partners. There are more than 60 other fee earners and in excess of 150 staff in total.
- IBB is recognised in the Legal 500 as a South East regional heavyweight.
- The firm has offices in Uxbridge and Chesham (Bucks). It is a full service law firm handling complex legal work for both businesses and individuals across four main practice areas — Real Estate, Corporate & Commercial, Private Client and Community Legal Services.