What is a Notary Public?
A Notary Public (sometimes called a ‘Notary’) is a legal official whose duty is to authenticate and legalise documents and facts for use anywhere in the world. If you need to use documents abroad, the Notary’s signature and seal will verify to the authorities in any country that the relevant checks have been carried out and that the documents are genuine. The Notary’s signature and seal are internationally recognised.
When would I need a notary’s services?
Situations in which businesses and individuals might need the services of a notary include:
- Doing business with an overseas company
- Getting married abroad
- Buying property overseas
- Dealing with a deceased’s estate abroad
- Certifying educational qualifications and passports
- Documents for opening a bank account in another country
- Permission for children to travel alone or with a lone parent
- Worldwide powers of attorney
- Taking oaths and swearing affadavits
We work with a local notary who can visit you at your business or home address.
Contact us to discuss your requirements and we will arrange a consultation for you.