Strategy and Vision
IBB’s vision is to be one of the leading regional law firms in the South East of England. Already recognised as one of the regional ‘heavyweights’ by Legal 500, we are well on our way to achieving our ambitions.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission statement is clear – we exist to:
- Maintain the highest standards of quality, client care and professional expertise;
- Be recognised as experts in our fields;
- Be profitable, efficient and effective;
- Satisfy the expectations of our partners and staff;
- Provide value for money to our clients;
- Contribute to our communities.
Having a vision is just the starting point. We achieve that vision by being a firm that has the financial strength, quality of client base, high calibre people and operational excellence to be regarded by our internal, legal and client communities as a regional heavyweight and industry leader.
To achieve our vision, we are building from a firm and stable financial base from which to expand. We aim to have size, revenue and profitability comparable with our regional law firm peers, and to be regarded as a Top 100 law firm. This will be made up through a balance of revenues from each of our four areas:
- Community Legal Services
- Private Clients
- Commercial Services
- Real Estate
Quality of Client Base
IBB continues to develop a level of quality of clients, brand and market position comparable with our regional law firm peers achieved by:
- Maintaining a premier ranking the Legal Directories such as ‘Legal 500’ and ‘Chambers & Partners';
- Increasing our market share;
- Achieving higher client satisfaction scores;
- Increasing our legal and industry sector reputation.
High Calibre People
IBB recruits, develops and retains the highest calibre people and creates a high performance culture based on rewarding merit. We:
- Operate an Individual Performance Management system and base our promotion decisions on merit;
- Measure increased employee satisfaction;
- Achieve an optimal balance of internal promotion and external recruitment.
The final part of our strategy is to continue to achieve operational efficiency, effectiveness and productivity that goes beyond the levels of its peers and competitors. This includes a commitment to:
- Continued accreditation under ISO 9001:2008;
- Continued accreditation under Lexcel (The Law Society’s International Practice Management Standard);
- Accreditation under other Law Society and Industry classifications;
- Benchmarking our operational efficiency against our peers, and continually exceeding those standards.