Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Guidance for Owners of Residential and Holiday Parks
This is an unprecedented and unsettling time for the owners of residential and holiday parks. Below is some guidance based on the current government communications. We will update this to ensure that new government guidance is communicated to you.
Carry out a risk assessment to determine what new procedures you should adopt to manage risk. In particular, establish a chain of command to identify who will run or manage your park(s) if the owner or senior management falls ill.
- Work out what training is needed for your staff and keep a record of when this training has been carried out.
- Reassure your staff, customers and (perhaps most importantly) residents, many of whom may be in one or more of the vulnerable groups identified by Government (i.e. over 70 and/or with underlying health issues.
- Ensure that any staff members or residents who show symptoms self-isolate for the recommended minimum period. Symptoms may include (but are not limited to) a new, continuous cough, or a high temperature.
- Keep staff updated on actions being taken to reduce risks of exposure in the workplace, including encouraging staff to work from home where possible.
- Remind staff and residents (especially those who are in a vulnerable group) to follow the Government’s social distancing guidance:
- Make sure your staff emergency contact details are up to date.
- Make sure your employees (especially those in regular contact with residents) know how to spot suspected symptoms of coronavirus and report this to senior management without delay.
- Encourage all staff and residents to wash their hands on a regular basis for 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Provide hand sanitisers and tissues for staff and residents and encourage them to use them.
- Provide additional cleaning, especially in areas where anyone with symptoms has been, and ensure that you have sufficient cleaning materials and protective equipment for staff.
- Be aware that in the coming days, holiday parks may be forced to close to help limit the spread of the virus.
Speak to our expert Park Homes experts today
The guidance for park owners and residents is likely to change and develop over the coming days and weeks. For more information please contact our residential parks team today on 03456 381381 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can we help?
To speak to one of our specialist legal teams, please click the button below.03456 381381
Make an enquiry