Ami is a Corporate commercial solicitor with special focus on owner managed businesses.
Ami is a dual qualified (India and England) Corporate Commercial Solicitor with a broad range of experience including mergers and acquisition, management buy-outs and buy-ins, private equity investments and corporate restructuring. Ami has advised numerous owner managed businesses on shareholders’ agreement, articles of association with focus on personal planning and key employee retention strategies. Ami advises regularly on general company law, partnership and LLP matters. Ami has experience of working in variety of sectors including IT, real estate, health and telecom.
Ami also advises on acquisition financing, commercial contracts, privacy laws and GDPR. Ami has advised various clients on the implementation of GDPR, focusing on the data processing agreement.
Ami also worked as an in-house solicitor advising on contracts relating to various data solution products with a special focus on de-coding implication of GDPR and international transfer of data to the end user business customers.
- Advised on a sale of shares by owner/managers of an IT consulting business to an American multinational company involving earn out linked to the future performance of the business
- Acted for the management team in restructuring and management buy-out of an electrical wholesale business involving deferred consideration and complex security issues
- Advised the management team in management buy-out funded by bank finance including drafting of reserved matters and share transfer provisions protecting interests of the exiting management and incoming management
- Advised on a sale of shares of a company engaged in the production and sale of health and dental products on virtual markets to its competitor based in Belgium. As part of the sale also advised the management who rolled their shares over into the buyer which was funded by a global private equity. Due to entrepreneurial nature of the managers it involved complex restrictive covenants and exit issues
- Advised a client on setting up an application development agreement based on agile methodology
- Advised a client in the business of manufacturing and installation industrial marquees on a bespoke installation and maintenance agreement
- Advised a global B2B IT service provider on setting up GDPR compliant data processing agreement with its multinational customers and partners across the globe