Ami is a dual qualified (India and England) Corporate Commercial and Restructuring Solicitor with a broad range of experience including mergers and acquisition, management buy-outs and buy-ins, private equity investments and corporate restructuring.
Ami has advised numerous owner managed businesses on shareholders’ agreement, articles of association with focus on personal planning and key employee retention strategies. Ami advises regularly on general company law, partnership and LLP matters. Ami also advises businesses and administrators on the sale and purchase of business and assets out of administration including pre-packs. Ami has also advised directors on the appointment of the administrators specifically ensuring their compliance with their directors duties in the run up to the appointment. Ami has experience of working in a variety of sectors including IT, real estate, health and telecom.
Ami also advises on acquisition financing, commercial contracts, privacy laws and GDPR. Ami has advised various clients on the implementation of GDPR, focusing on the data processing agreement.
Ami also worked as an in-house solicitor advising on contracts relating to various data solution products with a special focus on de-coding implication of GDPR and international transfer of data to the end user business customers.
- Advised on a pre-pack acquisition of a high end global travel business involving complex contractual, GDPR and employment issues
- Acted for the administrators on a sale of assets and business of a comparison software in development and dealing with GDPR and title matters
- Advised on a sale of shares by owner/managers of an IT consulting business to an American multinational company involving earn out linked to the future performance of the business
- Acted for the buyer on a pre-pack acquisition of an event management business involving complex consideration mechanism linked with the transfer of sponsorship and assisted the client with their pre-pack pool application
- Acted for the management team in restructuring and management buy-out of an electrical wholesale business involving deferred consideration and complex security issues
- Advised on a purchase of a care home with earn out consideration and assisted the client with its CQC application and novation of local authority contracts
- Advised the management team in management buy-out funded by bank finance including advising on bespoke reserved matters and share transfer provisions protecting interests of the exiting management and incoming management
- Advised on a sale of shares of a company engaged in the production and sale of health and dental products on virtual markets to its competitor based in Belgium. As part of the sale also advised the management who rolled their shares over into the buyer which was funded by a global private equity. Due to entrepreneurial nature of the managers it involved complex restrictive covenants and exit issues
- Advised on a licence of renewal energy dual plug flow digester system technology by a US corporation to its Indian partner for commercial exploitation in India and South East Asia on an exclusive basis
- Advised a client on setting up an application development agreement based on agile methodology
- Advised a client in the business of manufacturing and installation industrial marquees on a bespoke installation and maintenance agreement
- Advised a global B2B IT service provider on setting up GDPR compliant data processing agreement with its multinational customers and partners across the globe