Lydia studied law at Southampton University and qualified as a Solicitor in 1984.
Lydia is a highly experienced property lawyer with wide range experience covering both residential and commercial property transactions.
She combines a detailed and wide-ranging knowledge of the law with proficient drafting skills and a practical and down to earth approach to problem-solving.
Lydia’s experience is broad range and includes:-
- The sale of property for residential and commercial development ranging from £500,000 to £10 million including in the last year a multi-national head office and the site of a new superstore
- The acquisition and disposal of investment property ranging from £250,000 to £3.5 million
- Acting as a panel member for a number of High Street Banks in mixed range lending
- The disposal of a large portfolio of unregistered properties worth £3.million
- The successful first registration of a large portfolio of properties where the title had been uninvestigated in the ownership of the same family for generations
- Planning and highways agreements
- Extensive Landlord and Tenant lease renewal both acting for Landlord and Tenant
- The acquisition and grant of new commercial leases
She is also hands on in assisting and advising the residential dept in more complicated residential work and deals with higher value or more complicated residential transactions.
Lydia lives in the Chiltern Hills in Oxfordshire. She enjoys walking her rescue Staffi Cross (Thank you Dogs Trust Harefield) Foreign Travel (last trip at New Year the Lofoten Islands off the coast of Norway to see the Northern Lights). Going to the theatre, eating out reading and listening to Radio 4 She used to enjoy bird watching until she got Hector (the Staffi) but now confines herself to watching Springwatch on the BBC.