Michelle joined IBB’s Corporate and Commercial team upon qualification in October 2017, prior to which she trained at Wilsons Solicitors LLP, with most of her time spent in the London corporate team.
Since joining IBB, Michelle has built up broad experience in all aspects of corporate and commercial matters including:
- Advising on private acquisitions and disposals – share and asset deals;
- Advising on business structures such as articles of association, shareholders’ agreements, investment agreements, cross-option agreements, etc;
- Reviewing and drafting commercial contracts including standard terms and conditions;
- Advising on data protection laws including providing assistance with the preparation/updating of privacy notices; and
- Advising on ad hoc day-to-day company law and commercial issues.
On a daily basis, Michelle acts for a variety of clients ranging from family business owners (in their capacity as directors as well as shareholders) to larger corporates.
- Advising the shareholders of HTC Group on their disposal of HTC Group Limited (a wholesaler of bulk supplements in the UK, specialising in health and sports nutrition) to MCI Health Investments Limited.
- Advising a FX business on a second investment round by way of equity investment and debt investment (loan notes secured by way of a debenture and a guarantee from trading subsidiary).
- Assisting with the preparation of on an external privacy notice for a residential letting business to ensure its compliance with current data protection laws.
- Acting for the buyer in a management buy-out (asset purchase) of a digital tech business from a US corporation which included various IT and IP matters.
- Acting for the sellers in a share disposal of a family holiday caravan park business.
- Acting for the buyer in a share acquisition of a recruitment business in the care sector.