Navdeep is an Associate Solicitor who undertook an undergraduate degree in Economics and Finance after which he pursued a career in accounting before pivoting into the legal profession.
Following Navdeep’s change in profession, he obtained a Masters in Law and Business and subsequently qualified as a solicitor in December 2019.
Since qualifying as a Litigation Solicitor, Navdeep has obtained a wide range of experience in high value, complex commercial disputes including debt recovery, breach of contract, misrepresentation, construction, employment as well as cross jurisdictional disputes.
Recent Client Work
- Acted for a commercial funder in a cross jurisdictional claim regarding a breach of contract/funding agreement and breach of Directors duties by a Nasdaq listed company with an estimated of $4 billion.
- Acted in a Commercial Court claim for a wealthy Saudi Sheikh regarding an oral loan dispute valued at £30 million containing cross jurisdictional issues.
- Advised a privately held company regarding a claim for deceit and misrepresentation in the High Court valued at £13 million, reaching settlement prior to the conclusion of trial.
- Acted in two separate cross jurisdictional breach of contract claims against a prominent Lebanese Bank valued at £1.5 million and $4 million respectively, resulting from the Lebanese banking crisis.
- Acted in a multi-million-pound property dispute, in the First Tier Property Tribunal, following an individual dying intestate with related proceedings taking place in the County Court.
- Acted for a hotel chain regarding a breach of contract claim and successfully negotiated a substantially reduced settlement.
- Actively managed and acted in various successful multi-jurisdictional Privy Council appeals from Jamaica and Mauritius to name but a few. (Blue Lagoon Beach Hotel & Co Ltd v Assessment Review Committee and other; Traille Caribbean Ltd v Cable & Wireless Jamaica Ltd; The Attorney General and another v The Jamaican Bar Association)
- Advocated on behalf of a client against counsel, in an interlocutory application for costs by the Defendant.
- Acted for a company in an employment claim and successfully negotiated settlement prior to trial.