At IBB Solicitors, we work extensively with the charity sector, providing expert legal advice to ensure you comply with the law, to let you focus on your charitable mission.
An expert team
Our dedicated charities legal team is led by senior charity law practitioners, who have a wealth of experience in acting for charities of all shapes and sizes.
This highly experienced unit is supported by a cross-departmental team of partners and solicitors covering a range of areas including real estate, finance, construction, employment, dispute resolution, child protection, fraud, intellectual property, estate management and trusts and taxation.
We can help you with:
- Collaborative working
- Data protection
- Dispute resolution and mediation
- Employment law
- Establishing new charities and social enterprises and arranging registration with the Charity Commission, the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator and HMRC
- Fundraising issues and relationships with corporate sponsors
- Grant contracts, service delivery contracts and SLAs
- Insolvency issues
- Membership Issues
- Charity mergers
- Outsourcing and shared services arrangements
- Charity property – acquisitions, disposals, leases and mortgages of charity property and property development including construction
- Regulation and compliance
- Special trusts, permanent endowment and alteration of trusts including applying to the Charity Commission for Orders and Schemes
- Trading and establishing trading subsidiaries
- Training for charity trustees
- Trustee advice
Personal service and value for money
Our relationship with each charity client is managed by one of the core team, so you always have a primary contact and know who you will be dealing with. We also understand that charities are under constant pressure to demonstrate that they are delivering value for money. We work with you to achieve this while ensuring that you continue to safeguard your interests and your reputation.