Regulatory offences and fraud solicitors
When facing an investigation or prosecution by a regulatory body, expert advice is essential to ensure you receive the best advice right at the start of the proceedings.
If your organisation is under investigation by a regulatory body, you need to seek immediate legal advice. A regulatory body can have powers similar to the police and can require that you attend an interview under caution, and can summons you or charge you with criminal offences. We can see you at short notice, whether you are subject to an investigation and have not yet been asked to attend interview, whether you are subject to a 'dawn raid', or whether you have already been charged with an offence. It is always best to seek legal advice at the earliest possible opportunity.
IBB has experience of investigations and proceedings brought by:
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Department for Business and Innovation (BIS)
- Bar Standards Board (BSB)
- Financial Services Authority (FSA)
- The General Medical Council (GMC)
- Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Office of Fair Trading (OFT)
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA)
- Trading Standards (TS)
- Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA)
- Federation Against Copyright Theft (FACT)
The department has also been successful in managing and preventing investigations from reaching the prosecution stage. We are able, due to our size and expertise, to put together multi-disciplinary teams to undertake matters that have both criminal and commercial elements.
Examples of the types of offences that we have defended include:
- Tax evasion;
- Companies Act offences;
- Prosecutions brought by Federation Against Copyright Theft (FACT).
- Breaches of Town and Country Planning Act;
- Money laundering and any offence under the Proceeds of Crime Act;
- Breaches of Health and Safety;
- Breaches of the Food Hygiene Standards;
See our separate section on Confiscation and the Proceeds of Crime Act.
Road Traffic Offences
For more information see our Road Traffic Offences page.
IBB is able to look into appealing your conviction, sentence or confiscation order. Please contact us to discuss appealing.
We also have experience in working with local authorities.
For more information please do not hesitate to contact Caroline Dunne on 01895 207214 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
IBB (Iliffes Booth Bennett) is the ‘go-to firm for criminal defence work in West...