The retail sector, whilst still facing some challenges, is showing signs of commercial growth, and in the South East in particular, high streets are undergoing a revival. At IBB, our property team combines expertise in the nuances of commercial and retail property legislation with an understanding of the retail sector.
An experienced retail property team
Our property team acts for a number of significant retail clients, including high-end fashion and boutique retailers. We understand that commercial acumen is of paramount importance in providing a tailored service that meets your needs, and that works in connection with cash flow considerations. We also understand the commercial imperative in opening for trade as quickly as possible, and the sensitivities in connection with interruptions during the Christmas trading period.
By working with our multi-disciplinary teams, we can offer clients of all sizes a comprehensive service.
We can help you with:
- The taking of space for your retail needs, whether by way of a purchase, lease, franchise, or concession agreement
- Negotiating key clauses relating to turnover rents, limitations on repair liabilities, caps on service charges, payment of rent on a monthly basis (assuming these points are agreed in the heads of terms)
- Agreements for lease/purchase
- Documentation providing for works and or alterations whether to be carried out by you or the seller or landlord
- Ensuring that you have contractual protection for any defects in design, defective materials or bad workmanship where you are taking an interest in a newly or recently constructed property
- Banking and finance
- Planning and development
- Franchise agreements
- Retail property management
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Leasehold and freehold contracts
The right time to move
If you are expanding your retail property portfolio, moving your business to larger premises, or looking to increase your market penetration by opening new stores in prime locations.