There have been many changes in park home law in the last few years, and so it is more important than ever for owners and operators of residential parks to take specialist advice to ensure that they know their legal rights and responsibilities, and avoid making costly mistakes.
Why choose IBB?
IBB Law (which merged with Turbervilles Solicitors in January 2018) is one of only a handful of law firms in the country that specialise in advising the owners of residential parks, and our advisors are genuine experts in the law relating to the caravan and park sector. IBB is an Associate Member of the British Holiday and Home Parks Association (BH&HPA) and a member of the National Caravan Council (NCC). We represent numerous residential park owners across England and Wales, and we provide advice on all aspects of this niche area.
We have over 20 years’ experience in the parks industry, so you can be assured that we know what we are doing and can provide clear, reliable and cost-effective advice. We have extensive experience of appearing in proceedings before the Court and First Tier Tribunal, and our lawyers have been involved in a number of the leading cases in this area of the law.
The areas covered by our team are as follows:
- Advising residential park owners about the relevant law, including the 1983 and 2013 Mobile Homes Acts
- Buying and selling residential parks
- Corporate/commercial work, including buying and selling park businesses
- Dealing with all types of disputes between park owners and residents, including proceedings in the County Court and First Tier Property Tribunal
- Pitch fee determinations
- Drafting and reviewing written statements
- Drafting park rules
- Site licensing issues
- Employment advice for park owners
- Succession planning for park owners
- Defending prosecutions by local authorities and appealing Compliance Notices