IBB Solicitors Supports the 2019 ‘Make a Will Month’ at The Hospice of St Francis
IBB solicitors is one of 10 law firms across Beds, Herts and Bucks who will be supporting the Hospice of St Francis’s ‘Make a Will Month’ in September 2019. Participating solicitors will waive their normal fee for writing a basic Will in lieu of a donation to the Hospice.
Jacqueline Almond, Head of the Wills, Trusts and Probate team says if the scheme:
The primary reason that we are taking part is because The Hospice of St Francis is a fantastic local charity supporting people in Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We are keen to support local charities, particularly those which our clients also support.
Making a Will not only guarantees that your wishes are carried out, but also ensures that your loved ones are clear about what your wishes are. It provides certainty. A Will can also help with tax planning. Many people marry more than once, have second families or, nowadays, do not marry at all. In these cases a Will can ensure that your wishes are fulfilled. Furthermore, if you have a disabled child then a well drafted Will can include trusts which ensure they are supported.
Anyone who needs to write a will simply has to book an appointment to take place between 1 and 30 September 2019. This is a great way of taking care of an important task and looking after your loved ones in your will. You’ll gain peace of mind while supporting the Hospice at the same time. To book an appointment at IBB’s Chesham office, please contact Jayne Seiter in IBB’s Wills, Trusts and Probate team on 01494 790018 or email email@example.com .
- If anyone under 18 years of age is to receive a gift in your will, make it clear if you wish it to be paid to their parents on their behalf
- Trustees may hold money or assets in trusts for young children or others and they need special powers to avoid any statutory restrictions
- Gifts to charity are free of Inheritance Tax and can reduce the overall Inheritance Tax liability for your estate
- Review your Will at least every three yearsand ensure that it accurately reflects your wishes
- If you do wish to change your Will and the change is a minor one, then you may be able to do so by means of a Codicil
- If you leave a specific item to a particular person, it’s important that you describe it accurately in your Will
For more information about the work of The Hospice of St Francis, please visit their website
To learn more about Make a Will month, please visit : www.stfrancis.org.uk/support-us/what-can-i-do-/leave-a-gift-in-your-will/make-a-will-month
You can also follow the Hospice on Facebook: www.facebook.com/thehospiceofstfrancis or Twitter: @Hospicstfrancis
Book your appointment
Contact our office
Make an enquiry