Adam Dowdney is a Partner in the Corporate and Commercial department at IBB which has a very strong reputation in Uxbridge and the wider Thames Valley market. Adam specialises in all aspects of corporate finance work, including mergers and acquisitions, MBOs/MBIs, private equity transactions (acting for both management and investment entities), restructurings, joint ventures, shareholder agreements and general company law matters.
Adam has worked on a number of large, high-profile and complex transactions across a broad range of business sectors and he won “Lawyer of the Year” at the 2011 Thames Valley & Solent Business Award. Adam is ranked as a leading individual in both Legal 500 and Chambers.
Adam has been inducted into the Legal 500 Hall of Fame. The Legal 500 selects individuals who have “received constant praise by their clients for continued excellence” and “are at the pinnacle of the profession.”
- Advising the shareholders of Resourcing Solutions Ltd
- Advising the management team of Sabio Ltd
- Advising the shareholders of Complete I.T. Limited (a bespoke IT support service provider) on their disposal of the entire company to Sharp Electronics;
- Rice & Cole;
- Advising the shareholders of HTC Group on their disposal of HTC Group Limited (a wholesaler of bulk supplements in the UK, specialising in health and sports nutrition) to MCI Health Investments Limited;
- Accelerate; and
- Advising on the disposal of the entire issued share capital of Hiremech Holdings Limited and its wholly owned subsidiary, Hiremech Limited, to Briggs Equipment UK Limited (Project 25).
- Qualified with Linklaters in September 1995 into the international financial services team;
- Joined the Charles Russell corporate team in London 1997;
- Joined Clarkslegal in Reading as a Partner in the corporate and commercial team in 2004;
- Moved to Pitmans in Reading as a Partner in the corporate team in 2007;
- Joined Shoosmiths in Reading as a Partner in the corporate team in 2012.