Caryn joined IBB Law following a merger with Owen White Solicitors in January 2023.
Caryn is a Legal Director in the Property Development Team with over 20 years’ experience. Since qualifying as a Solicitor in 2000, Caryn has specialised in residential development.
As part of the Property Development Team, Caryn advises housebuilders, affordable housing providers and other developers. She also acts for smaller niche developers. Her client list includes national and regional housebuilders.
Caryn’s work includes large complex mixed-use developments, town centre regeneration schemes, urban regeneration schemes, site acquisitions and Section 106 Agreements.
Recent Client Work
- Acting in connection with a £400 million redevelopment project at the former Royal Mail site at Nine Elms in Wandsworth. The development will provide approximately 750 new private, affordable and rented homes in addition to commercial units.
- Acting in connection with an estate regeneration scheme in North London. The project involved the redevelopment of a former council estate on a rolling basis over a 10-year period, providing new affordable and private housing, a community centre and new church.
- Acting in connection with the acquisition and redevelopment of Great West Quarter in Brentford, the former Glaxo Smithkline head office. The redevelopment created a major mixed-use development, including new homes, new commercial premises, a hotel and an aparthotel.
- Acting in connection with the acquisition and redevelopment of an industrial site purchased in two phases on the banks of a canal in North London. The redevelopment was to provide 160 new dwellings and commercial properties. The project included negotiating licences with the Canals and Rivers Trust.
- Acting in connection with the acquisition and redevelopment of a sports stadium and football club from a local authority. The project involved the acquisition of land from a local authority, the provision of private and affordable housing, new facilities for an adjoining sports club and a new nursery to serve the development and adjoining estate.