Richard’s legal expertise and experience in employment, business immigration, inward investment into the UK and client global expansion programmes, means he provides advice at board level to his longstanding clients.
He advises clients on employee engagement and talent management; the employment and immigration aspects of business transfers, mergers and acquisitions and outsourcing arrangements; governance, compliance and board reviews; international employee transfers; whistleblowing and discrimination and high-level litigation involving the enforcement of restrictive covenants and risk management.
He leads IBB’s international offering providing international legal management services to global organisations. He works closely with both the Department of International Trade and UK Chambers of Commerce to provide strategic advice to international businesses, investors and entrepreneurs wishing to set-up and/or invest in the UK. He is also head of IBB’s Business Immigration team acting for businesses, high net-worth individuals, sports people and entertainers from around the world.
Richard has a particular focus on the defence & security, technology, pharmaceutical, automotive and retail sectors.
Employment Lawyers Association.
- Qualified as a solicitor with Pitmans LLP in April 1996 into the employment team;
- Joined the Andersen Legal Human Capital team in Reading before it became part of Olswang;
- Joined H2O Law in London as a Partner in 2003;
- Returned to Pitmans LLP as a Partner in 2007;
- Joined IBB as a Partner in 2016
- United World College of South East Asia, Singapore (International Baccalaureate);
- Queen Mary College, University of London (LLB Hons); and
- College of Law, Lancaster Gate (Law Society Finals)
Richard enjoys keeping fit and travelling (with a particular passion for the wonderful continent of Africa); Supporting Reading Football Club and London Irish Rugby Football Club.