Covid-19 Site Operating Procedures: another update for the construction industry to interpret and implement
Version 4 of the construction industry’s Site Operating Procedures was published by the Construction Leadership Council on 18 May 2020. Click here to access a copy.
The changes to Version 3 are minimal and include:
- Removal of the requirement for face to face contact to be kept to 15 minutes or less
- The section on PPE now links to the latest Government guidance on face coverings
- References to one-way systems and the reconfiguration of seating and tables and an update on portable toilets
- The requirement to share risk assessments with the workforce
- Clarification on when to travel to work, as set out in the Government’s COVID-19 Recovery Strategy
- Updated links and wording on social distancing.
Where 2 metre distancing cannot be maintained, the correct interpretation and implementation of the “hierarchy of controls” is still proving to be one of the trickiest areas for employers and the workforce.
Speak to our specialist construction and engineering lawyers
How can we help?
To speak to one of our specialist legal teams, please click the button below.03456 381381
Make an enquiry