Adam Dowdney is a Partner in the Corporate and Commercial department at IBB which has a very strong reputation in Uxbridge and the wider Thames Valley market. Adam specialises in all aspects of corporate finance work, including mergers and acquisitions, MBOs/MBIs, private equity transactions (acting for both management and investment entities), restructurings, joint ventures, shareholder agreements and general company law matters.
Adam has worked on a number of large, high-profile and complex transactions across a broad range of business sectors and he won “Lawyer of the Year” at the 2011 Thames Valley & Solent Business Award. Adam is ranked as a leading individual in both Legal 500 and Chambers.
Adam has been inducted into the Legal 500 Hall of Fame. The Legal 500 selects individuals who have “received constant praise by their clients for continued excellence” and “are at the pinnacle of the profession.”
- Advising shareholders of BM Trada Group, the provider of certification and building products testing services, on the sale of the company and it’s subsidiaries to Exova Group Plc for approximately £22 million;
- Advising Game Digital, the high street and on-line specialist games retailer, on the acquisition of Multiplay Limited, an event and gaming community focussed company, for circa £20 million;
- Advising the shareholders of Softbox Systems Limited, a market-leading manufacturer and distributor of temperature-controlled packaging systems for the pharmaceutical industry, on the strategic minority investment by US private equity firm Great Point Partners;
- Advising The West Berkshire Brewery PLC, the independent brewery based in Yattendon, on its re-registration as a PLC and offer to raise up to £4m million under the EIS;
- Working with Prowting Investments Plc, a family-backed private equity firm, on the strategic investment in bespoke property developer Bargate Homes Limited;
- Advising the shareholders of Permanent Health Company Limited, a specialist provider of medical and dental insurance for families and businesses, on the sale of the entire issued share capital to AXA;
- Working with the shareholders of Orion Clinical Services Limited, a market-leading Clinical Research Organisation, on its merger with Simbec Research Limited;
- Advising the shareholders of Intelliflo Limited, a market-leading software provider to the financial services sector, on its buyout backed by HGCapital;
- Advising the shareholders of Resourcing Solutions Ltd
- Advising the management team of Sabio Ltd
- Qualified with Linklaters in September 1995 into the international financial services team;
- Joined the Charles Russell corporate team in London 1997;
- Joined Clarkslegal in Reading as a Partner in the corporate and commercial team in 2004;
- Moved to Pitmans in Reading as a Partner in the corporate team in 2007;
- Joined Shoosmiths in Reading as a Partner in the corporate team in 2012.