Non-Molestation & Occupation Orders

Home / IBB Private Client / Non-Molestation & Occupation Orders

Non-Molestation & Occupation Orders

Non-Molestation Orders

Domestic violence happens in all kinds of relationships including same-sex partners and family members. If you have been or are a victim of domestic violence, by a relative or ‘associated person’, you can seek a remedy from a civil court by obtaining a Non-Molestation Order.

Non-Molestation Orders are commonly known as ‘injunctions’, and often referred to in the media as a ‘restraining order’. The Non-Molestation Order will protect you and/or your children from violence and/or harassment. It can also forbid members of your family, your partner or ex-partner from coming within a certain distance of your home.

Occupation Orders

An Occupation Order determines the occupancy of the home for example who has the right to reside at the property or in certain parts of the property. An Occupation Order can also restrict the abuser from entering or approaching the home. It can allow a victim who has been forced or locked out to re-enter the home.

Please contact IBB’s family law solicitors to arrange a meeting: email us at or call us on 01895 207857.

Need an Expert Family Lawyer?

Speak to a member of our team.

    Cohabitation and Separation AgreementsDivorce and FinanceChildren matters

    Yes, I want to proceedNo, show me links to relevant information

    Yes, I want to proceedNo, I am not ready to proceed

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.