Home

Harriet Jones

Senior Solicitor

Harriet Jones is a senior solicitor in IBB Solicitors' corporate and commercial team and acts for both businesses and business owners – from international companies to small and medium-sized enterprises. Harriet specialises in corporate and commercial matters, specifically the following areas of expertise:

  • Business restructuring – reorganisations, demergers and intra-group transactions.
  • Acquisitions and disposals – whether share or asset sales and acting for both individuals and corporate clients.
  • Shareholders’ agreements, investment agreements and constitutional documents – where two or more companies have a separate vehicle for a corporate joint venture and where individuals are participating in an owner-managed business.
  • General commercial contracts – Harriet advises on a broad range of commercial contracts, from terms and conditions to master services agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements to complex distribution agreements.
  • Exploitation of intellectual property rights – Harriet advises on the transfer, licence and use of trademarks, patents and designs and assists with the registration of such rights.
  • Banking – acting for high street lenders and commercial borrowers in relation to drafting and advising on facility agreements, taking or granting security over business assets and complying with conditions precedent for drawdown.

Harriet’s recent experience includes:

  • Advising HSL (Holdings) Limited on the sale of a small subsidiary company to its management team.
  • Drafting and advising a high street lender on the terms of a facility agreement under which the borrower was granted a £20m revolving credit facility, £1m overdraft facility and £2m contingent liability facility.
  • Advising a subsidiary of a French listed company on the purchase of a strategically important software development company.
  • Drafting amendments to a master services agreement for a UK based pharmaceutical consulting company.
  • Advising Celli group on the share acquisition of Brewday Limited. (https://www.ibblaw.co.uk/insights/blog/ibb-solicitors-advises-celli-grou...)
  • Reviewing a licence of a trademark and database and advising the licensee on the obligations that arise at the end of the term concerning the return of the database and its duties under data protection legislation.
  • Drafting and advising a high street lender on the terms of a facility agreement under which the borrower was granted a £3.5m term loan.
  • Advising individual shareholders on the terms of a shareholders’ agreement.
  • Advising a small film, tv and stage prop making company on the sale of its main business and assets.
  • Reviewing and advising a property developer on a £10m revolving credit facility.
  • Advising an individual on the terms of a shareholders’ and investment agreement with a large multi-national company in connection with a joint venture company.
  • Advising a fire equipment manufacturing company on a strategically important agreement for the supply of raw materials from Poland. 

Key dates:  LLB (Hons) University of Liverpool (2005); Legal Practice Course College of Law Chester (2006); qualified as a solicitor in October 2008. 

Career:  B P Collins LLP (2006-2016); joined  IBB in November 2016.

Legal 500 in 2018 says:

"Adam Dowdney and Harriett Jones advised Italian drinks dispenser company, Celli, on its acquisition of Brewday. In a highlight demonstrating the firm's entrenched relationships with owner-managed businesses, Dowdney and Jones assisted the shareholders of Resourcing Solutions with the £15m sale of a 70% shareholding to Match Group, and the grant of put and call options over the remaining 30%". 

Team Corporate and Commercial; Based Capital Court - Uxbridge