Pricing for Business Immigration Services
At IBB Law we like to, in very clear and simple terms, respond to the principal questions that clients have about working with a solicitor, namely;
- What are you going to do for me?
- What aren’t you doing for me?
- Who is going to do it?
- When will it be done by?
- How much is it going to cost?
In relation to our costs, we have a philosophy of ‘no surprises’. That puts the onus on us to address the questions above as transparently and as simply as possible.
As far as practicable, we also endeavour to provide clients with pricing choice. This recognises the fact that clients have different priorities and even the same client can have different pricing and payment priorities on different transactions or matters.
When we provide you with an estimate we will also provide you with a job specification that answers in clear and straightforward terms the questions above.
For illustration purposes only, we set out below an example of our pricing approach to an application for leave to remain under the Points Based System. Within the example, we have made some assumptions about what you may need and have also included some of the most common factors which may increase or decrease our pricing estimate.
Example – Application for leave to remain under the Points Based System
On average, costs for this type of work are between £1,500 and £2,500 (excluding VAT).
The costs will depend on the circumstances in your particular case. Such as:
The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Whether dependants are also applying
- If you are able to provide sufficient evidence at the outset and the applicable Immigration Rules are met, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of the range above.
What services are included
The work may involve:
- discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application to make and what other options may be available;
- giving advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria.
- if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how;
- considering the supporting evidence provided;
- preparing the application and submitting it on your behalf;
- giving advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
The estimated costs above do not include:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application.
- Where the Home Office refuse an application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal
How long will an application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process an application. Read the current processing times.
We will normally be able to submit this type of application within 1 week of you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.
Please note the anticipated fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.
Every client is individual and has specific needs. Having taken a look at this example, if you are happy to speak to us further, please give us a call or drop us an e-mail. We will be happy to answer any questions or provide clarification. We will almost certainly need additional information to give you the most certain estimate, and we can discuss any issues of urgency or particular circumstances that you think we ought to know. Once the details are settled, we will send out normal client care and engagement documentation and you can decide whether you are happy to proceed.
Meet the team