Intellectual Property (IP)
West London’s leading intellectual property lawyers
Intellectual property is at the core of many businesses and is often your most valuable asset. At IBB we are passionately committed to helping businesses develop a bespoke IP strategy to protect your property and build your commercial success.
Our experienced lawyers can help you to:
- Identify the intellectual property that is being generated and advise you how this can be best protected
- Commercialise your intellectual property and ensure that you maximise its value
- Protect your intellectual property rights and advise you on how to avoid infringing other entities’ intellectual property rights.
We deal regularly with a range of IP issues including:
- Trademarks and passing off
- Copyright and database rights
- Design rights
- Confidentiality and trade secrets
At IBB we also act quickly to protect your intellectual property in the event of possible infringement, including:
- Trademark infringement and passing off
- Copyright infringement
- Design right infringement
- Database right infringement
- Breach of confidence
- Patent infringement, validity and challenges
Recent examples of work undertaken by the IP team include:
- Advising a manufacturing company on patent infringement.
- Advising a pharmaceutical company on the research exemption in the Patents Act 1977.
- Acting for a healthcare company in relation to a licensing and IP dispute.
- Acting for an online pharmacy in a copyright and passing off disputes.
- Acting for a healthcare IT company in an acquisition.
- Acting for a healthcare company in a trademark opposition.
- Advising an international retailer in design right disputes.
- Advising an international retailer in trademark proceedings in Germany.
- Advising a world-leading geo-tech company in a dispute concerning software licensing.
- Advising a restaurant chain in a copyright dispute concerning its branding and layout.
- Advising an international food producer and retailer on contracts with external designers and the protection of its design and trademark portfolio.
- Advising a US-based designer and manufacturer in design rights disputes.
Contact our intellectual property lawyers today
If you would like advice on how to protect your intellectual property rights, register a trademark, or deal with possible copyright infringement, contact us now on 01895 207974 or email us at IP@ibblaw.co.uk.