Party Wall and Boundary Disputes

Party Wall and Boundary Disputes are two of the most prominent disputes that can arise between neighbours.

Property solicitors normally do not get involved in Party Wall disputes – they are usually conducted by Party Wall Surveyors. Solicitors will only become involved if neighbours fail to serve Party Wall notices, if the terms of a Party Wall award are not complied with or if damage is caused to neighbouring property.

Boundary fence disputes often arise when one neighbour replaces a boundary fence.

Boundary disputes between neighbours can be very costly and unsettling. One would assume that the title plans of titles registered with Land Registry would indicate the position of boundaries of land, however, this is not the case.

In order to determine the position of a boundary there needs to be careful scrutiny of historical deeds and the assistance of a land surveyor will most probably be required.

To discuss your party wall and boundary dispute please contact a member of our team on 01895 207976 or 01895 207988. Alternatively you can send an email with your name, contact information and brief details as to the nature of your property dispute to and one of our team will be able to help you.


    How can we help you?

    Please fill in the form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Serviceapply.