When the relationship between business owners goes wrong the ensuing dispute can be acrimonious and is the closest thing to a “divorce” that most clients will experience in their commercial lives. We have experience of dealing with disputes between shareholders in companies, partners in partnerships and members of limited liability partnerships.
We can guide you through the dispute and will always seek to obtain the most advantageous and cost effective resolution for you. This can involve litigating the matter at Court, negotiation or mediation.
Our team has particular expertise in Companies Act disputes and has frequently acted for majority and minority shareholders. We will work closely with specialist forensic accountants where necessary. We will always create a team suitable for your dispute, which is partner-led with in-house corporate, commercial, employment and property advice on hand when necessary to ensure that all aspects of the dispute are addressed.
- Shareholder disputes under s994 of the Companies Act 2006 and derivative claims
- Just and equitable winding up pursuant to the Companies Act 2006
- Director disputes, including director’s disqualification proceedings and breach of director’s duties under the Companies Act and common law
- Advising companies, individual shareholders and directors
- Corporate claims under Companies Act 2006 and/or Insolvency Act 1986
- Breach of warranty claims
If you would like assistance with a shareholder or corporate dispute please contact Paul Kite or a member of the team on 01895 207954 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet the team